The next stage of the Jolly Phonics Program is Jolly Grammar. It makes key elements of grammar interesting and fun for the children. The use of colour coding and actions help children to identify the parts of speech in sentences. It is active and multi-sensory, with emphasis on consolidating the children’s knowledge from Jolly Phonics and helping them develop an understanding of how grammar works. It is designed to
· Introduce the rudiments of grammar
· Teach spelling pattern systematically
· Improve the vocabulary and comprehension skills
· Extend the children’s phonic knowledge
· Develop dictionary and thesaurus skills
Jolly Grammar teaches a wide range of language forms including the parts of speech, plurals, punctuation, and the tenses past, present, and future. It also teaches a wide range of spelling rules, including defining aspects such as the short vowels and long vowels.